I am all about sharing images. For clients, this means that you’re free to use our images for what you need them for, short of selling them for profit or publishing them for mass distribution. For the wider community, this means that you are free to use images online for websites, blogs, and social media, use them in local or small trade magazines and newspapers, use them for promotional print materials, and for non-commercial purposes. This is done by providing all of the images (unless otherwise noted) under a https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.0/ca/, with several relaxations to allow for specific commercial use.
What can you do?
You can use our images in the following ways:
- Download images for personal use
- Use the images online for your website, blog & social media accounts
- Use images for print media including local magazines and newspapers with less than 50K copies in circulation (written permission required)
- Use our images for books (written permission required)
- Clients may also use images that have been commissioned (and paid for) for awards programs, websites, and other promotional material
- Did I miss anything? Send me an email for additional requests
Please do not:
- Share the images with a 3rd party company/vendor (If a 3rd party is interested in using them for their site or other marketing collateral, they MUST contact us to purchase separate usage rights)
- What does this mean? Plain and simple, if the images are to appear on another company’s website to promote their business, they must pay for usage rights.
- Display images in a gallery, or print them for public display without prior approval.
- Use our images for advertising purposes, i.e. a product manufacturer’s website. (Manufactures will need to purchase usage rights separately)
- Use our images on any magazine covers or inside a nationally distributed publication.
- If an image is going to be distributed nationally please contact me to discuss a fair market value.